Sunday, June 17, 2012

Balancing Act

As my title implies I am the mother of two. I live for them and try to constantly do right by them.  I find myself in the same daily struggles as most in that I work, try to keep house, monitor finances, make all sports practices on time, and try to have QUALITY time with the family.  Currently I find myself in a situation where when I am at work all I want is to be at home with the kids but when work is complete and I head home I have no energy.  I want to feed them, bathe them, and tuck them in so that I can get some ME time.  I feel guilty about having these feelings and thus have mommy guilt.  On weekends when I have all the time I want with them I feel that I must find fun and creative outings for us to go on.    Unfortunately, most of these outings cost money therefore not satisfying my budget ie husband.  I also (forced as my husband recalls) persuaded my husband to buy a home so that we could leave the world of renting behind us.  We found a great bank owned fixer upper that I new would be perfect but now realizing that neither myself or husband actually know how to fix anything am finding myself calling contractors to get estimates on repairs only to irritate my husband more as to how much this house is actually costing us.  I almost forgot...I have this passion for travel.  As soon as I have two cents to rub together I feel the need to make reservations.  This desire instills an instant need for my husband to work overtime to feed my reservation habit.  I love him for doing whatever is necessary to provide for our family but find myself resenting him at times for not spending more time with us when deep down I know that it is my need for travel that is pushing him out of the house and into work. This blog will explore our highs and lows as we work on our family, jobs, house, and fabulous vacations.

No comments:

Post a Comment